Friday, May 22, 2009

Homemade Flip Camcorder Cover

 

 


I made a cover for my Flip Camcorder. I keep the instructions and extra rechargeable batteries in the pocket. If I had it to do over again I would do the following: Cut a piece of cover fabric, lining and polyester batting 5 x 25 inches. Baste the batting to the wrong side of the lining. Put the right sides of the cover and lining together and sew 1/4 inch seam on three sides leaving the top flap open. Trim the batting. Turn right side out and iron. Do the same for the 3 x 5 inch pocket and the 3 x 2.5 inch pocket flap. Fold the open seam and sew either by hand or machine. Sew the pocket and flap on the front or back of the cover. Placing right sides of the cover together sew the sides leaving an extra 2.5 inch for the flap cover. Turn right side out. This will be a French seam. Sew velcro on the pocket and cover flap. Note: I printed several pictures on a filmstrip to look like a video. I then used water soluble varnish to seal the pictures. If contrasting colors like shown above is desired cut those portions out separately.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: